How To Sell A Junk Car Without A Title?
A car’s title is something that states the details of a given vehicle and is designed to prove vehicle ownership. If you have an old car parked in your yard for years, there’s a good chance you won’t have a clue where the car’s title is. If you want cash for junk a car with no title, at last, you might wonder if this is possible. If you are in this position, here are options to consider.
Some Junk Car Buyers Do Not Need A Title
While there are junk car buyers who need titles for all purchases of junk cars, there are others who don’t. The main reason that a junk car buyer will require a title is to ensure that you own the car and you are not trying to sell a car that has been stolen from someone else. If you don’t have the title, just because the car has been parked for years, there are buyers who won’t need it.
Getting Your Hands on a Title
Before you decide on processing the sales of your car without a title, all the possibilities to get your hands on one should be exhausted. Visit these places to see if they offer some help:
- Your bank: If your car still has debt, the bank technically owns it, so they can have the car title. You can transfer the bank title to the person who purchases your car.
- The local DMV: All states have a procedure to declare your title lost and request for a duplicate title.
You Might Be Able to Show Ownership in a Different Way
When a company decides to buy your junk car without a title, there is a good chance that they will want to see some kind of evidence that you own the car, and the easiest way to prove this is to show them either insurance or vehicle registration.
Vehicle registration is a form you get when you buy a car license plate, and most people are going to throw this form in the vehicle’s glove box. A registration form for a vehicle is something that should always be kept in a vehicle because it is required when you get pulled.
Selling a Junk Car Without a Title
To sell your junk car to a private party or a licensed dealer, you would also need a title. However, if you can prove that you own the vehicle as outlined above, some car junkyards can be willing to buy junk cars without titles. You may just have to dig a little more to find a junkyard that is willing to work with you.
How to locate a junkyard that buys cars without title
It is totally possible to sell your junk car without a title. Here is what you should do:
- Locate a reputable junkyard near you: To get you started, you will have to search for local junkyards around you. Once you sort out the list, you’ll have to call a reputable junkyard in your vicinity and ask them if they buy junk cars without a title.
Possibly the first one may say no, don’t give up -there are definitely car junkyards buying cars without a title.
- Inquire about the process of selling a car with no title: Each junkyard has its own process to buy a car without a title. They may request other documents to prove you own the car.
- Follow the process carefully: It can be a bit tricky to sell a junk car without a title, so be sure to follow the outlined process of the junkyard carefully to ensure that there are no snags and the purchasing process goes smoothly.
Contact 1hourcash4cars today to get the best cash for junk cars with no title. With some filled paperwork, thumbprint, and a copy of your driver’s license, 1hourcash4cars will gladly take care of this for you! You will need to sign a Declaration of Ownership attesting that you are the owner of the vehicle and can legally sell it.
No matter the condition or brand of your junk car, so far it was once road-worthy, we pay instant cash. No tricks, no hassle!