How To Sell a Broken Car
Ever wondered what you want to do with your broken car? Previously the options were limited because you either had to wait for a person with a similar car or tow the car to a local scrap yard to be destroyed. Well, that’s not the case nowadays as it’s possible to sell broken cars for cash. The only problem is the junkyard car market is vast and it’s hard to know where to start.
Here’s how to sell your broken car and where to sell them.
- Use private enthusiasts or mechanics– They buy cars for hobbies and repair them to resell or keep for themselves. The con is it may take a lot of time to find a buyer hence decrease in value.
- Selling the car in parts- this involves disassembling the car and selling each part separately. The good thing is you probably get better value for the car. Maybe time-consuming before selling all the parts to different buyers.
- Online junk car dealers-This is probably the safest and hustle free option. Just head over to google and such for online junk car buyers in your locality, fill in the form with the best description of the car, get a quote. You are done. The downside is you have to check for various buyers and see what they offer. Choose the most reliable dealer. Once you agree to the price, they come and tow the car themselves and all the worries are gone. Superfast.
What Is a Broken Car?
A broken car is a car with serious mechanical failure which prevents it from being operated at all. Causes for a car breakdown are; engine failure, faulty battery, failed starter motor, or unserviced tires.
What To Do With a Broken Car?
The first step is to remove it from the road and put it on the side.
Secondly, put on the hazard lights to increase visibility, call your mechanic or insurance company to tow the vehicle. Thirdly, assess the problem. Fourth is to determine if you want to fix the car or consider selling it.
If the repair solution is much cheaper compared to the value of the car, then do it. If selling is the option then you have to first gather the necessary paperwork, determine its worth, then sell it to either private party, junkyards or sell it as parts.
Get a Repair Estimate.
Repairing a car can be expensive or cheaper depending on the part being repaired, the model of the vehicle, age, and mileage. Some repairs especially for a knock engine can be expensive up to $10000 if it’s a European or German car. It’s advisable to visit your mechanic to know exactly how much it will cost to repair the car. Compare the price from various dealers and take the best offer.
Assess It’s Value.
Knowing the exact value of your broken car can help you from being scammed various trusted online websites can help you to determine the value of selling the car to private parties or junk yarders. There are various determinants of the value you derive from a broken car. These are;
- If you sell your car to scrapers the value of the car will be determined by the weight of the cars’ metal
- Location of the broken car. The far the car is from the dealer’s location the less money you’ll get due to towing cost.
- Need to understand the used car value and junk value. Junk yarders are interested in the metal value regardless if the car is running or not.
How To Sell a Broken Down Car.
With all the information on selling broken cars., here’s a step by step guide to selling your broken car.
- Research online buyers. You will be able to compare the price from different buyers and settle with the best offer. It’s super fast and easy through their automated process.
- Get the right documents. This will help prove ownership of the car. These documents include the title, driver’s license, and recent registration number.
- Compare junk car dealer offers. This is if you decide to sell to junk car dealers
- Handing the car. After getting a deal from junk car dealers ask if they will tow it themselves or you will take it to them.
- Keep I mind the lemon laws. This applies to cars with major defects but is covered by warranty, but can’t be fixed after various repair attempts. They vary from state to state.
- Check salvage vehicle regulations. These laws vary from state to state.
- Remove personal stuff.
- Report to the insurance company and DMV.
Sell it Privately.
You can either ist the car online or put a sign on the window to get a buyer
Sell It To a Junkyard or Scrap Yard.
You will be paid depending on the weight of scrap metal.
Sell It For Parts.
Sell each part separately. You’ll get more value for the car if you sell parts.
Trade-in With a Dealer.
You can trade-in with a new or used car.
Get Rid of Your Broken Car.
Used cars are a gamble and they can break down anytime. This means that after you sign the paper from the dealer or private party all the liabilities that come after are yours. Be sure to set aside cash for unexpected repairs. If the car keeps breaking you can sell it and use the money to buy a new one.
Who Buys Broken Down Cars? We Do.
At I hour cash 4 cars. We buy all cars in any condition. Driving and non-driving in ‘as is’ condition
Sell Your Broken Car The Easy Way.
At 1 hour cash4 cars we have a website where you can get a quote by filling in a form. It will only take 1minute to receive an instant offer.
Get a Cash Offer For Your Broken-down Car.
Just fill in a form on www.1hourcash4cars.com to receive an instant cash offer for your broken-down car.